How it works:
- The Political Director and Executive Committee are tasked with administrating the endorsement process.
- The process begins with the incumbent candidate or campaign completing the link to the Avance google form and emailing it with the processing fee.
- Avance’s endorsement process includes the following steps:
- Incumbent Candidates or campaigns complete the “Endorsement,” which can be found on Avance's website www.avancedemocracticclub.com
- Pay the processing fee of $25.00 http://www.avancedemocraticclub.com/become_a_member
- The Political Director and or a member of the Executive Committee may reach out to candidates.
- Incumbent Candidates will not need an in-person interview.
- Questions are prepared with the understanding of the incumbent candidate or campaign’s commitment to Avance's Latino Agenda.
- Candidates or representatives will be invited to the next scheduled membership meeting.
- Candidates or representatives will have two minutes to speak to our members.
- Leadership to consider the request.
- Membership will either vote yes to endorse or not endorse.
- A 60% vote of the voting members present is required for an endorsement.
- Members must wait 5 days after joining the Club to vote on an endorsement.
- Our endorsement process is constantly being evaluated, assessed, and updated.
- Avance attempts to take up a wide variety of races within Los Angeles County: Judicial, School Board, City Councils. Our mission is to endorse candidates and campaigns that will further the Latino agenda.
Endorsement link for Incumbent Candidates - Incumbent link here
Processing $25.00 Fee link - Fee link here