How it works:
- The Political Director and Executive Committee are tasked with administrating the endorsement process.
- The process begins with the candidate or campaign completing the link to the Avance google form and emailing it with the processing fee.
- Avance does not do early endorsements (before the filing deadline).
- Avance’s endorsement process includes the following steps:
- Candidates or campaigns complete the “Request for Endorsement,” which can be found on Avance's website www.avancedemocracticclub.com
- Pay the processing fee of $25.00 http://www.avancedemocraticclub.com/become_a_member
- The Political Director and or a member of the Executive Committee may reach out to candidates.
- Candidates interview in person or via Zoom during COVID with a panel endorsement committee.
- Interviews take approx. 30 minutes per candidate.
- Questions are prepared with the understanding of the candidate or campaign’s commitment to Avance's Latino Agenda.
- All candidates or representatives will be asked the same questions for comparison purposes.
- Questions are prepared for each candidate, drawn from the candidate’s questionnaire (“tell us more about that” or “you answered X, please explain your answer”)
- Candidates or representatives will be invited to the next scheduled membership meeting.
- Candidates or representatives will have two minutes to speak to our members.
- Leadership to consider the request.
- Membership will either vote yes to endorse or not endorse.
- A 60% vote of the voting members present is required for an endorsement.
- Members must wait 5 days after joining the Club to vote on an endorsement.
- Our endorsement process is constantly being evaluated, assessed, and updated.
- Avance attempts to take up a wide variety of races within Los Angeles County: Judicial, School Board, City Councils. Our mission is to endorse candidates and campaigns that will further the Latino agenda.
Endorsement Link - https://forms.gle/tSXJUttiHDsHB9wb9
Processing Fee link - http://bit.ly/1SLrruN